Nicotinic Acid Pharamcological Actions:
- Reduces LDL cholesterol.
- Reduces triglycerides.
- Increases HDL cholesterol.
- Not well tolerated due to side effects.
- Should normally be used with a statin drug.
- Can be used alone in patients who cannot tolerate statins.
- Niaspan - Nicotinic acid prolonged release
- Tredaptive - Nicotinic acid + Laropiprant (modified release)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |