Cal Neva Background Facts:
- Once one of the coolest casinos in Nevada during the 1960s.
- Was owned by Frank Sinatra from 1960 to 1963.
- Frequented by Frank Sinatra & his Rat Pack pals.
- Underneath the resort there were tunnels to Cal Neva which enabled mobsters & celebrities to attend the club without being seen by ordinary guests.
- The picture opposite shows the showroom built by Frank Sinatra, where he and pals would often perform.
- Recently has been seen as one of the older tired casinos.
- Has closed now because it was not able to compete with the nearby Las Vegas Strip & Indian reservations.
- Dean Martin
- Frank Sinatra
- Joe DiMaggio
- Marilyn Monroe - spent last weekend here, before her death in 1962.
- Peter Lawford
- Rat Packers
- Sammy Davis Jr
Cal Neva - Casino - Club - Dean Martin - Frank Sinatra - Joe DiMaggio - Lake Tahoo - Las Vegas - Marilym Monroe - Nevada - Peter Lawford - Rat Packers - Sammy Davis Jr
Image by douglemoine (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |