Chronotope Basic Facts:
- Literary term devised by Russian literary theorist Mikhail Mikhailovich Bakhtin (1895-1975), pictured opposite.
- Refers to coordinates of time & space invoked in a given story or narrative.
- Considers the setting of a literary work as a spatio-temporal whole.
- The term is literally translated as - "time-space."
- A chronotope can be considered both as a cognitive concept & a narrative feature of language.
Chronotope - Mikhail Bakhtin - Language - Literary Term - Narrative - Russian - Time-Space
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |