Cain Complex Facts:
- The Cain complex is characterized by rivalry, competition, & extreme jealousy (or envy) of a brother, leading to hatred.
- In Psychiatry, this complex is recognised as a destructive form of sibling rivalry which may lead to fratricide.
- There is usually perceived favoritism from a parental figure.
- Cain was the first son of Adam & Eve. (Bible - Gen. 4.)
- Cain murdered his brother Abel (see painting) out of jealousy & was condemned to be a fugitive by God.
- The 2 brothers, on one Sabbath(?) presented their offerings to the Lord.
- Abel's offering was of the "firstlings of his flock and of the fat," while Cain's was "of the fruit of the ground."
- Abel's sacrifice was considered "more excellent" (Heb. 11:4) than Cain's, & was accepted by God.
- From this event Cain was "very wroth," & cherished feelings of murderous hatred against his brother; leading to the murder of Abel (1 John 3:12).
- For this crime Cain was expelled from Eden, & henceforth led the life of an exile.
Diana Complex (Psychology)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |