- Poetry is more than just rhyming words.
- Poetry doesn't even have to rhyme as the main ingredients are movement & sound.
- Movement & sound along with feeling are what make poetry.
- Poetry is an art form.
- It is something that can not be judged on superficial appearances.
- Poetry is first and foremost about expression.
- The expression in poetry describes the way we feel about a certain subject through imagery & other senses.
- The emotion in the poem is what brings it to life - 'life through words'.
- Without emotion the words are simply prose.
- Because of the emotional component, poetry will make us have many feelings such as - happy or sad, loving or broken hearted, mad or gleeful.
- Our poetry is our life, not what someone tells us is so.
- The use of rhyming is not always good as it limits many words that could give flow to the poem, and flow should take preference to rhyme.
- There are around 51 forms of poetry.
ABC | Acrostic | Ballad | Ballade | Blank verse | Bio | Burlesque | Canzone | Carpe diem | Cinquain | Classicism | Couplet | Dramatic monologue | Elegy | Epic | Epigram | Epitaph | Epithalamium (Epithalamion) | Free verse (vers libre) | Ghazal | Haiku | Horatian ode | Iambic pentameter | Idyll (Idyl) | Irregular (Pseudo-Pindaric or Cowleyan) ode | Italian sonnet | Lay | Limerick | List | Lyric | Memoriam stanza | Name | Narrative | Ode | Pastoral | Petrarchan | Pindaric ode | Quatrain | Rhyme | Rhyme royal | Romanticism | Rondeau | Senryu | Sestina | Shakespearean | Shape | Sonnet | Tanka | Terza Rima | Verse | Villanelle |
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |