Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Demographics:
- Name - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Baptismal Name - Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart.
- Born - January 27, 1756 (Salzburg, then part of the Holy Roman Empire).
- Died - December 5, 1791 (age 35 years).
- Father - Leopold Mozart (deputy Kapellmeister to court orchestra of Archbishop of Salzburg).
- Mother - Anna Maria Pertl Mozart
- Sister - Maria Anna (1751–1829), called "Nannerl", also child prodigy.
- Wife - Constanze Mozart (nee Weber), married on 4 August 1782.
- Children - Raimund Leopold (1783–1783); Karl Thomas Mozart (1784–1858); Johann Thomas Leopold (1786–1786); Theresia Constanzia Adelheid Friedericke Maria Anna (1787–1788); Anna Maria (25 December, 1789); Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart (1791–1844)
- Lived - Salzburg (then part of the Holy Roman Empire).
- Occupation - Classical Composer.
- From December 1769 through to March 1771 Wolfgang & his father travelled in Italy.
- Wolgang Mozart met G. B. Martini in Bologna (in 1770) & was made a member of the famous Accademia Filarmonica.
- Once he returned from Italy (13 March 1773) to Salzburg, Mozart was employed as a court musician by Prince-Archbishop Hieronymus Colloredo.
- Mozart later resigned his Salzburg position (August 1777), and visited Augsburg, Mannheim, Paris, & Munich accompanied by his mother (as Leopold was not given leave to travel).
- In 1781 Mozart decided to settle in Vienna as a freelance performer & composer.
- Mozart is remembered as a prolific & influential composer of the Classical era, having composed over 600 works.
- A Hollywood movie (1984) has been made of his life (see below).
- When his sister Nannerl was 7 years old, she began keyboard lessons with her father, with 3-year-old Wolfgang looking on.
- Mozart showed amazing ability (child prodigy) from early childhood in Salzburg.
- He was proficient on the keyboard & violin by the age of 5 years.
- Mozart was also composing from the age of five years and had the ability to learn avidly from others (genius).
- His father Leopld also taught the children languages & academic subjects as well as music.
Amadeus - Composer - Hollywood - Mozart - Prodigy - Salzburg - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |