Mars Taken By Hubble Telescope (NASA)
- The planet Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun in the Solar System.
- It is named after Mars, the Roman god of war.
- Mars is known as the "Red Planet" due to iron oxide on the surface giving it a reddish colour.
- The planet contains a thin atmosphere and has as many of the surface features present on the Moon and Earth.
- Mars is the most likely planet after the Earth to contain both liquid water, and possibly life.
- Mars also has two moons, Phobos & Deimos, which may possibly be captured asteroids.
- Mars can be seen from Earth with the naked eye.
Asteroid - Deimos - Mars - Phobos - Planet -
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |