- European Union (EU) Law take precedence over national law.
- This means that parliament is no longer the supreme law-maker.
- Domestic (UK) courts have a duty to apply EU law in preference to national (UK) law.
- This act was successfully challenged applying European Union law.
- There was a conflict with the Treaty of Rome.
- Case: R v Secretary of State for Transport, ex parte Factortame (1990).
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |