Commonest English Nouns:
- Commonest are time, person, & year.
- Then comes - way & day (month is ranked 40th).
- 15 are from Old English.
- The rest are from - medieval English, Old French, Latin.
- The exception is 'group' (French via Italian).
- These words often have more than one meaning, or form part of common phrases.
Image by curious flux (flickr) modified (cc)
Day- Month - Year
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |