- Names - Arnulf III, Count of Flanders; Arnulf the Unfortunate.
- Born - 1055
- Death - 22 February, 1071 (at Battle of Kassel)
- Father - Baldwin VI, Count of Flanders.
- Mother - Richilde, Countess of Mons and Hainaut.
- Occupation - Count of Flanders & Count of Hainaut, from 1070 till his death.
- In the 11th century it was usual for 16 year old boys to fight in battle.
- Arnulf died at the battle of Kassel whilst fighting against his uncle, 'Robert the Frisian'.
- Arnulf III was the eldest son of Baldwin VI of Flanders & Richilde of Mons and Hainaut.
- He succeeded to the title of Comte de Hainaut in 1070.
- He succeeded to the title of Comte de Flandre in 1070.
- With Arnulf's death, Flanders & Hainaut were separated again.
 - John Morby, Dynasties of the World: a chronological and genealogical handbook (Oxford, Oxfordshire, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1989).
Arnulf III - Flanders - Battle of Kassel
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |