The 12 days from Christmas until the beginning of Epiphany (January 6th).
The 12 days start from December 25th & finish January 5th.
1 Partridge in a pear tree = The One true God.
2 Turtle Doves = The Old & New Testaments
3 French Hens = Faith, Hope & Charity (Theological Virtues)
4 Calling Birds = The Four Gospels (&/or the 4 Evangelists)
- 1. - Matthew
- 2. - Mark
- 3. - Luke
- 4. - John
- 1. - Genesis
- 2. - Exodus
- 3. - Leviticus
- 4. - Numbers
- 5. - Deuteronomy
7 Swans A-swimming = the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit, the 7 sacraments (Romans 12:6-8; cf. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11)
- 1. - Prophecy
- 2. - Ministry
- 3. - Teaching
- 4. - Exhortation
- 5. - Giving
- 6. - Leading
- 7. - Compassion
- 1. - Blessed are the poor in spirit.
- 2. - Those who mourn.
- 3. - The meek.
- 4. - Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- 5. - The merciful.
- 6. - The pure in heart.
- 7. - The peacemakers.
- 8. - Those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake.
- 1. - Love
- 2. - Joy
- 3. - Peace
- 4. - Patience
- 5. - Kindness
- 6. - Generosity
- 7. - Faithfulness
- 8. - Gentleness
- 9. - Self-control
- 1. - You shall have no other gods before me.
- 2. - Do not make an idol.
- 3. - Do not take God's name in vain.
- 4. - Remember the Sabbath Day.
- 5. - Honor your father and mother.
- 6. - Do not murder.
- 7. - Do not commit adultery.
- 8. - Do not steal.
- 9. - Do not bear false witness.
- 10. - Do not covet.
- 1. - Simon Peter
- 2. - Andrew
- 3. - James
- 4. - John
- 5. - Philip
- 6. - Bartholomew
- 7. - Matthew
- 8. - Thomas
- 9. - James bar Alphaeus
- 10. - Simon the Zealot
- 11. - Judas bar James.
- 1. - I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- 2. - I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
- 3. - He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit & born of the virgin Mary.
- 4. - He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave].
- 5. - On the 3rd day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- 6. - He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- 7. - I believe in the Holy Spirit.
- 8. - The holy catholic Church.
- 9. - The communion of saints.
- 10. - The forgiveness of sins.
- 11. - The resurrection of the body.
- 12. - & life everlasting.
Image Credit - by laurelines (Laura Frankstone) (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |