Toghrol Tower Important Features:
- Toghrol Tower is a 12th century monument (pictured).
- Height - 20 meters (66 feet).
- Structure - Brick tower, originally capped with a conical dome.
- Crossectional shape - 24 angle polygon.
- Walls - thickness aries from 1.75 - 2.75m.
- Diameters - inner diameter 11 meters, outer diameter 16 meters.
- Function - Probably Tomb of Toqrol I of the Saljuqi Dynasty.
- Location - City of Ray, Iran.
- The original dome of the tower collapsed following an earthquake.
- The 24 sided polygon cross-section shape is believed to help protect the structure against earthquakes.
- The tower, on the orders of Nasereddin Shah, underwent some restorations in 1884 because sections of the top were collapsing.
Image Credit - public domain by Zereshk
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |