St George Demographics:
- Birth - No clear records
- Birthplace - Turkey
- Death - April 23, 303 AD
- Place of death - Lydda, Palestine.
- Death mode - Beheaded
- Occupation - Roman soldier in the Guard of Diocletian.
- Father - Gerontius, was a Roman army official from Cappadocia.
- Mother - was from Palestine.
- Religion - raised with Christian beliefs.
- St George's Day is the date of his death 23rd April.
- Highly unlikely he ever visited England or UK.
- St George is Patron Saint of Aragon, Canada, Catalonia, China, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Russia, and Serbia.
- St George was beheaded because of his constant criticism of the Roman persecution of the Christians.
- He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon.
- A number of scholars have argued that George, or at least the legend, is based on George of Cappadocia.
“Liberator of captives,Image Credit - Roman Zacharij (Public Domain)
and defender of the poor,
physician of the sick,
and champion of kings,
and Great Martyr George,
Christ our God that
our souls be saved.”
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |