- Population approximately 3,000.
- Pentyrch is a suburban community located on the western outskirts of Cardiff.
- Separated by a ridge from urban Cardiff.
- The village stands on the lower slopes of the Garth (summit ~ thousand feet above sea-level) see picture.
- It has a rural outlook over fields of sheep, cattle, and cereal crops.
- The Pentyrch Hill Race, which attracts fell runners from across the country, takes place annually on the last Tuesday of April.
- The Hall Ball (Pentyrch Village Hall) occurs every February.
- Census records for the parish are available from 1841 to 1891.
- Parish records for St Catwg's Church back to 1695.
- Home of Lucie Jones.
Image Credit - agcox (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |