Migaloo Important Facts:
- Migaloo is an adult male humpback whale.
- Migaloo is the only properly documented white humpack whale in the world.
- He is a member of the east Australian humpback whale population.
- Migaloo's name means "White Fella" in the Australian Aboriginal language - the naming is based on advice from Aboriginal elders in the Hervey Bay area, Queeensland.
- Migaloo was first spotted & photographed on the 28th June, 1991, near Byron Bay.
- He is believed to have an age in the mid 20's (2009).
- Every year Migaloo migrates to humpback breeding grounds along the Great Barrier Reef region off north-eastern Australia.
- Byron Bay - 28 September 2009
- Low Isles & Batt Reef off Port Douglas - 29 September 2009
- Great Barrier Reef - 14 August 2009
- Tweed Coast - 2 July 2009
Migaloo (2007) Fishing Trip near Heron Island, the Reef:
White Humpback Whale Migaloo From Australia (Coffs Harbour, 2005)
Migaloo - Humpback Whales For Sale (MonsterMarketplace.com)
Cetacographer Migaloo White Humpback Whale (Blog)
Migaloo (White Humpback Whale of Australia) Cetacographer
Tags: Australia - Aboriginal - Byron Bay - Great Barrier Reef - Hervey Bay - Humpback Whale - Migaloo - Port Douglas - Queensland - White Whale
Posted by ALCHEssMIST - Alchemipedia - Cetacographer - Nirvana - Tags alliance.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |