- Period in history which lasted for roughly a millennium.
- Commonly dated from the fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century to the beginning of the Early Modern Period in the 16th century.
- Adjective form is medieval or mediæval.
- Falls in the historical zone between the age of classical civilization of Antiquity (preceding) and the modern period (following).
- Division of Western Christianity in the Reformation.
- Associated with the rise of humanism in the Italian Renaissance.
- Also included the beginnings of European overseas expansion.
- First evidence of sustained urbanization of northern and western Europe.
- Many modern European countries owe their origins to events unfolding in the Middle Ages.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |