- Conflict between France and England lasting 116 years (1337 to 1453).
- War was primarily over claims by the English kings to the French throne.
- The war finally ended in the expulsion of the English from France, excluding the Calais Pale.
- Essentially the war was a series of conflicts (phases, see below).
- Although primarily a dynastic royal conflict, the war also gave impetus to French and English ideas of nationality.
- The war also saw new weapons & tactics with replacement of the older system of feudal armies (with their associated heavy cavalry).
- Edwardian War (1337–1360)
- Caroline War (1369–1389)
- Lancastrian War (1415–1429)
- Joan of Arc influenced conflict (1429–1453)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |