Dagenham Important Details:
- Dagenham is a suburban town.
- Located in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, in East London.
- Predominantly white working class (~85% of population was 'white' in last census).
- First recorded in a charter of Barking Abbey (687 AD).
- In 1205 Dagenham had a chaplain, with the Parish Church probably being built at around the same time.
- Valence House, of the Fanshawe family, is the only surviving manor house of Dagenham which dates back to the 13th century.
- Captain James Cook - once lived here.
- Dr George Carey - 103rd Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Dudley Moore - Actor & comedian.
- Sandie Shaw - Singer.
- Sir Alf Ramsey - England's World Cup winning football coach.
- Stacey Solomon - The X Factor UK (2009) contestant.
Greater London, City of London and the 32 London Boroughs
Image Credit -by Ben Terrett (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |