Susan Atkins has recently died in prison from a brain tumour at the age of 61 years. She spent 37 years in the California Institution for Women at Frontera. When Atkins fell ill, she was moved to a medical unit at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla where she died.
- Name - Susan Atkins
- Birth - May 7, 1948
- Birthplace - Los Angeles suburb of San Gabriel.
- Death - September 25, 2009
- Mother - Her mother died of cancer when she was 15 years old.
- Father - Alcoholic father, sent her and her brother to live with relatives.
- Teenager - Ran away to San Francisco and worked dancing in a topless bar.
- Follower of cult leader Charles Manson.
- She was one of the cult members who went on a murderous rampage in August 1969.
- The Manson Family murders remained unsolved for ~ three months, until Susan Atkins confessed to a cellmate following her arrest on another unrelated charge.
- Susan Atkins boasted that she "stabbed [Sharon] Tate, tasted her blood and used the blood to write the word 'Pig' on the front door of the house."
- She also said - "I don't know how many times I stabbed (Tate) and I don't know why I stabbed her," ... "She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her."
- Susan Atkins was the only Manson Family member to have participated in the Tate and Labiaca murders as well as the murder of Gary Hinman.
- In 1968, Ms. Atkins gave birth to a son which Charles Manson insisted be named Zezozose Zadfrack Glutz (Manson had already given Atkins the name Sadie Mae Glutz).
- Zezozose Zadfrack Glutz was adopted out (1969) to a couple in California at the age of 1 year.
- In 1977 Atkins published her autobiography, Child of Satan, Child of God.
- Married twice in prison, last to lawyer James W. Whitehouse, 15 years her junior.
- Whitehouse unsuccessfully represented her at her 2000, 2005 & 2009 parole hearings.
- Diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2008.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |