Wednesday

Requiescat In Pace (Latin) "R.I.P."


Requiescat In Pace (R.I.P.) Basic Facts:
  • Is a Latin phrase.
  • "Requiescat in pace" is the singular version.
  • "Requiescant in pace" is the plural version.
  • Refers to a short prayer that is typically found on headstones.
  • The words are often abbreviated to "RIP" or "R.I.P."
  • RIP may also be used as an abbreviation for the English words "Rest In Peace".
Requiescat In Pace (R.I.P.) Meaning:
  • "May he (she) rest in peace" (singular).
  • "May they rest in peace" (plural).

Image - R.I.P. Headstone by David H-W (Extrajection) (cc)


Tags:
Latin -
Requiescat in pace - Rest In Peace - RIP - R.I.P.

Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |

No comments:

 
Web Statistics