- The humanistic study of historical linguistics.
- Term first used 1614.
- Philology considers both form and meaning in linguistic expression.
- The discipline combines linguistics and literary studies.
- Classical philology is the philology of the Greek, Latin and Sanskrit languages.
- Now philology can be considered to be involved with all languages.
- Philology has a focus on the historical development of languages.
- Cognitive philology
- Comparative philology
- Textual philology editing
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |