Thursday

English and British Monarchs (Mnemonic Poem)

A useful poem to help remember the order of the English and British Monarchs.

Willie Willie Harry Stee (William I, William II, Henry I, Stephen)
Harry Dick John Harry three; (Henry II, Richard I, John, Henry III)
One two three Neds, Richard two (Edward I, Edward II, Edward III, Richard II)
Harrys four five six, then who? (Henry IV, Henry V, Henry VI)
Edwards four five, Dick the bad, (Edward IV, Edward V, Richard III)
Harrys (twain), Ned six (the lad); (Henry VII, Henry VIII, Edward VI)
Mary, Bessie, James you ken, (Mary I, Elizabeth I, James I)
Then Charlie, Charlie, James again... (Charles I, Charles II, James II)
Will and Mary, Anna Gloria, (William III, Mary II, Anne)
Georges four, Will four, Victoria; (George I, George II , George III , George IV , William IV , Victoria )
Edward seven next, and then (Edward VII)
Came George the fifth in nineteen-ten; (George V)
Ned the eighth soon abdicated (Edward VIII)
Then George six was coronated; (George VI)
After which Elizabeth (Elizabeth II)
Has the throne, until her death

Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |

No comments:

 
Web Statistics