American Samoa Basic Facts:
- American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the USA located in the South Pacific Ocean, part of the Samoan Islands chain.
- It is found southeast of the sovereign state of Samoa.
- Was formerly known as Western Samoa.
- The main island is Tutuila.
- Other islands included in the territory are Manuʻa Islands, Rose Atoll, and Swains Island.
- Total population at 2000 census was 57,291, with around 65,000 currently.
- Land area is 200.22 km2 (77 sq mi).
- Economy relies on fishing - with 2 tuna canneries on the territory.
- Samoa / America Samoa Tsunami Videos
- American Samoa Earthquake and Tsunami (September 2009)
- American Samoa (Geography, South Pacific Ocean)
Image Credit - NOAA
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |