- American Samoa is a tiny U.S. territory that lies about halfway between Hawaii and New Zealand.
- A 7.9 magnitude earthquake has struck 120 miles (190 km) off of the coast of American Samoa on September 29, 2009.
- The quake is reported to have occurred 11.2 miles (18.0 km) below the ocean floor.
- As a result of the earthquake a tsunami had been generated.
- The tsunami has caused waves of 5.1 feet (1.57 metres) above normal sea level off American Samoa, according to reports from the Pacific Western Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii.
- There have been many casualties - at least 77 people were reported dead in Samoa, more than 25 in American Samoa and at least six in Tonga.
- Samoa / America Samoa Tsunami Videos
- American Samoa Earthquake and Tsunami (September 2009)
- American Samoa (Geography, South Pacific Ocean)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |