- Human behavior characterized by the deferment of actions or tasks to a later time.
- To be true procrastination the behaviour should be delaying, needless, and counterproductive.
- May be a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision.
- Normal for people to procrastinate to some degree.
- May result in:
- Sense of guilt
- Creation of crisis and disapproval from others (not fulfilling one's commitments).
- These feelings may lead to further procrastination.
- Procrastination becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning.
- Chronic procrastination can be a sign of an underlying psychological or medical disorder.
Rationality & Procrastination
Image from Emilie Ogez (flickr) (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |