- Word derived from - Spanish & Portuguese for "table".
- Refers to an elevated area of land with a flat top & with sides that are usually steep cliffs.
- Characteristic landform of dry, arid environments.
- The largest example of a mesa is considered to be the Grand Mesa (in western Colorado, United States).
- The equivalent name for these landforms in Spanish is meseta.
- Africa - North & South
- United States - Badlands, Colorado, Southwest.
Image Credit - Red Mesa School District
Cliffs - Colorado - Geology - Mesa - Table - United States
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World