- Lagrange points are named after Joseph-Louis Lagrange a Italian-French astronomical mathematician who made the calculations in the 18th Century.
- They are locations within the Solar System where a 'gravitational well' is produced due to the combined gravitation of the Sun and Earth.
- At these sites small objects will remain stationary relative to the Earth.
- There are 5 Lagrange points in the Sun-Earth system.
- Hypothetical location of the formation of the impact planet Theia (Giant Impact Hypothesis).
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |