- KY Cygni is a red supergiant star (spectral class M3m).
- It is located in the constellation Cygnus, hence it's name.
- One of the largest stars known ~ 1,420 times the Sun's diameter.
- One of the most luminous in the known Universe (about 300,000 times the Sun's luminosity).
- It is approximately 5,200 light-years away from us.
Stars listed in ascending size:
- Eta Carinae & Nebula
- V509 Cassiopeiae
- Mu Cephei
- KY Cygni
- V354 Cephei
- Binary Star Cephei
- VY Canis Majoris
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |