Kim Peek died on 19 December 2009 (R.I.P.)
Kim Peek Demographics:
- Name - Kim Peek
- Born - November 11, 1951.
- Death - 19 December 2009 (Heart attack) age 58 years.
- Father - Fran Peek
- Profession - Megasavant (Savant)
- Residence - Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of 73.
- Photographic (eidetic) memory.
- Kim has social developmental disabilities, possibly resulting from congenital brain abnormalities.
- Kim was the inspiration for the character of Raymond Babbitt (played by Dustin Hoffman) in the 1988 movie "Rain Man".
- Kim probably had the rare condition FG syndrome.
- Kim did not have an autism spectrum disorder.
- Peek was able to memorize things from the age of 16-20 months.
- Kim could read a book in about an hour, & remembered almost everything he had read.
- His reading technique consisted of reading the left page with his left eye & the right page with his right eye, i.e. reads 2 pages at a time.
- His reading rate was estimated at about 8-10 seconds per page.
- Possible FG syndrome
- Cerebellum damage.
- Agenesis of the corpus callosum.
- Secondary connectors ie anterior commissure are also missing.
- Muscle hypotonia.
Image Credit - by jwowens cropped, (cc)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |