- IQ is a score derived from special standardized tests designed to assess intelligence.
- The term "IQ" was initially suggested by the German psychologist William Stern (1912).
- The scoring of modern IQ tests is based on a projection of the individual's measured rank on the Gaussian bell shaped curve - where the center value (average) is 100, and the standard deviation is around 15.
- Morbidity and mortality
- Parental social status
- Parental IQ.
- Controversy about how much IQ is inheritable.
- Predictor of educational achievement.
- Predictor of special needs
- Social science tool - predicting job performance and income.
- Average IQ scores for many populations have been rising.
- IQ score inflation is at around a rate of three points per decade.
- Most improvement has been in the lower half of the IQ range.
- There is some argument about whether these changes in scores reflect real changes in intellectual abilities.
Flynn Effect - Intelligence Quotient - IQ - William Stern -
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |