- Elysium Planitia is a huge smooth Martian plain on Mars.
- The area includes volcanoes - Albor Tholus, Elysium Mons, Hecates Tholus.
- Second largest volcanic region on Mars - largest is Tharsis Montes.
- Believed to have ash-covered water ice on the surface.
- This ice may be the remains of water floods & lava flows in the Cerberus Fossae fissures (from about 2 - 10 million years ago).
- The surface of the Elysium Planitia is broken into 'plates' - similar to broken ice floating water.
Cerberus Fossae - Elysium Planitia - Geoastronomy - Ice - Mars - Plain - Volcano
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |