- Apple Computers are incorporated.
- EMI records drop punk rock group Sex Pistols from label.
- President Ford pardons Iva Toguri D'Aquino (Tokyo Rose).
- George Bush, ends term as the 11th director of CIA.
- President Jimmy Carter pardons almost all Vietnam War draft dodgers.
- Radio Shack officially begins making the TRS-80 computer.
- Soyuz 24 launches with 2 cosmonauts
- Space Shuttle Enterprise launches atop a Boeing 747 on it's maiden flight.
- The Bank of America adopts the name VISA for their credit cards.
- First CRAY 1 supercomputer shipped, to Los Alamos Laboratories, New Mexico.
- Woody Allen's film "Annie Hall" premieres.
- Simon Peres becomes the premier of Israel.
- Czechoslovakian chess master Vlastimil Hort plays 201 games simultaneously and only loses 10.
- British Aerospace forms in UK.
- Trans Alaska oil pipeline is completed.
- Apple II, the first personal computer goes on sale in USA.
- Silver jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.
- Leonid Brezhnev becomes president of U.S.S.R.
- France performs nuclear test at Muruora Atoll.
- NASA launches Voyager 2 towards Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Concorde jet makes first landing in New York City.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |