- The Treaty of Versailles signed 28 June, concluding World War I.
- Ernest Rutherford (physicist) splits atom for the first time.
- Wireless telephone is invented, this enabled pilots to be able to talk in-flight.
- First non-stop flight across the Atlantic, made from Newfoundland to Ireland by John Alcock (British) & Arthur Whitten Brown (American).
- The first airline company in the world was KLM of the Netherlands in 1919.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |