- Influenza virus kills around 20 million people.
- Armistice ends World War I.
- Publication in the New York Globe of Robert Ripley's strip "Believe it or not!".
- Surrender of Germany to the Allies (11 November) at Compiegne, France.
- Discovery of the size and shape of the milky way by US astronomer Harlow Shapley .
- Universal Co. manufacture the electric food mixer.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |