- Assassination of heir to the Austrian throne leads to outbreak of World War I.
- Germany declares war on France - beginning the "war to end all wars".
- World War I breaks out on 4 August.
- Battle of the Marne.
- Battle of Tannenberg between the Germans and Russians - leads to German victory.
- US President Woodrow Wilson proclaims Mother's Day.
- Eastman Kodak invents colour photographic process.
- Zip fastener designed by Gideon Sundback.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |