- Young Turk revolution.
- Carlos I of Portugal is assassinated.
- Austria annexes Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Ferdinand I is proclaimed emperor of Bulgaria.
- The first time a ball is dropped at Times Square (NYC) to signify the new year.
- General Baden-Powell starts the Boy-Scouts.
- First tunnel under the Hudson River (railway tunnel) opens.
- Solid Helium produced by Dutch scientists.
- The first ascent of Mount Erebus in Antarctica.
- The 4th modern Olympic games opens in London.
- Wireless Radio Broadcasting is patented by Nathan B. Stubblefield.
- The first passenger flight in an airplane occurs.
- Enckes comet fireball strikes Siberia (Tunguska Event).
- Orville Wright makes first 1 hour airplane flight.
- Russia takes a part of Poland.
- Winston Churchill marries Clementine Hozier.
- Henry Ford introduces the Model T Ford car.
- Crete revolts against Turkey and then aligns with Greece.
- Serbia and Montenegro sign anti-Austria-Hungarian pact.
- William Howard Taft elected the 27th President of the USA.
- Gideon Bible Company started - 1st Gideon Bible put is placed in a hotel room.
- Albert Einstein presents the quantum theory of light.
- Pu Yi (Hsuan-T'ung) became China's Last Emperor at age 3 years.
- Paper cups launched by the International Paper Co New York.
- Swiss chemist Jacques Brandenberger invents cellophane.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |