- National Geographic Society is founded in Washington, D.C.
- John Reid (Scotland) demonstrates the game of golf to Americans in New York.
- The English Football League is established.
- Eastman Kodak Company forms.
- George Eastman patents the "Kodak box camera"
- Wilhelm II becomes emperor of Germany.
- Bandai volcano, in Japan, erupts for the first time in 1,000 years.
- John Boyd Dunlop makes a patent application for the pneumatic tire.
- George Eastman patents 1st roll-film camera and registers "Kodak".
- National Geographic magazine publishes for the first time.
- John Boyd Dunlop patents pneumatic bicycle tire.
- William Bundy patents the employee timecard clock.
- Vincent van Gogh cuts off his left ear.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Home | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |