- Maruyama Okyo paints The Ghost of Oyuki.
- Westminster Bridge (London) is officially opened. (November 16)
- Riots break out in Paris (month of May), precipitated by rumors of police abducting children.
- Frederick Augustus I of Saxony (b. December 23) (d. 1827)
- Friedrich Leopold zu Stolberg-Stolberg, German poet (b. November 7) (d. 1819)
- John André, British Army officer of the American Revolutionary War (b. May 2) (d. 1780)
- Karl August von Hardenberg, Prussian politician (b. May 31) (d. 1822)
- Tipu Sultan, Sultan of Mysore (b. December 10) (d. 1799)
- Charles Theodore Pachelbel - German composer (b. 1690) (d. September 15)
- Emperor Sakuramachi of Japan (b. 1720) (d. May 28)
- Johan Gabriel Doppelmayr, German mathematician, astronomer, and cartographer (b. 1671) (d. December 1)
- Johann Sebastian Bach, German composer (b. 1685) (d. July 28)
- King John V of Portugal (b. 1689) (d. July 31)
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |